www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Rates

1. Default Rates

Is it just me or is this industry cycling again? I quit O.T.R. 15 years ago as local was starting to pay better, it is still good where I am but I notice more and more co. drivers O.T.R. are getting back up to $1200 to $1500 net per week.
    No cheap freight---no cheap drivers--know what your AZ is worth
    Mighty hunter leaves wounded animal to suffer and die!!

In my case i can say that my weekly average is a little lowerif takes to long to get unloaded may not make reload.or may not be a reload so have to wait and with the no pay for 24 hrs.but i still making more than i made last year when did not have class one

I think what's going on is the driver retention problem coupled with more and more drivers understanding the H.O.S has forced companies to compensate they're employees for all their time.

My pay package increased significantly when waiting time, layovers and other delays became a barganing tool. Either pay me or come get the trailer.

I also have the option of switching from linehaul pay (mileage,picks/drops and tarps) to hourly pay for anything within southern ontario and 50 miles across the border. Sometimes this works to my benifit, others it is best to stay on linehaul. But it is my choice.
    You can't fix stupid

Yes, we are in a change again, but this time it seems like more people are fightining against the cheaper freight. I amy be wrong, but I think with OBAC joining with OOIDA, has given us a stronger force in the industry.
    Some companies are trying the rail system, but as before, they will be back to trucks. There is no way the rail can compete with the delivery times of the trucks.
    Also, most don't know that shippers are can also be held responsible for forced dispatching. A couple of co's I know, have been charged with this offence in Canada. Unless a transport co charges them with this, they will always be able to get away with it.
    With the change of the HORS, we ALL must do this so that everyone can service this industry to the best we can.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

I think in my area, OTR would always pay better, local pay kinda sucks around here, but guys will put up with it just to get home everyday.

One of these days i'm gonna go run OTR for ahwile and see if it really pays as good as some people say. If i can find a company i like.

6. Default not me

I`m glad to see people verifying what I thought was only my perception. Where I work (Food supply) I see and hear of more and more Companys charging demurrage and or paying lumpers for their drivers,a situation that was long over due.
    No cheap freight---no cheap drivers--know what your AZ is worth
    Mighty hunter leaves wounded animal to suffer and die!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat_99
    Also, most don't know that shippers are can also be held responsible for forced dispatching. A couple of co's I know, have been charged with this offence in Canada.
    Holly
    I'd like to see/read more on this please Holly. I could REALLY use some help with this.

I will get a hold of Jim & get him to send me this. He was the one who told me this Sept. @ the convoy. I was complainging about this & he aid we can, as carriers go after them. Most haven't done it, as they would lose the customer. If more carriers went after these shippers, maybe they would take time not only to eductae themselves, but their employees.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com