www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck Driver? or a guy who is driving a truck

Default Re: Truck Driver? or a guy who is driving a truck

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Here you go, they sure got it huh? And I applaud them for flaming this crap down.

Look at most of the "reality" show that we keep getting.

The more spectacular, humiliating, weird will always be a success.

youtube is the same, wich video is going to get viral? the spectacular, vulgar, disgusting etc.

You show how you do the kob right like the one's I saw, it will get a good look, but do the same video messing it up and flipping the truck...
    Then you will double the views.

Now show the same video you flipping the truck and you stuck or hurt in the acident, now this same video will get viral and will get a million hits depending how badly you are hurt or bleeding.

We live in a bored society seeking cheap thrills.
    I think that she is the same person that posted here asking about the best truck stops across Canada. if that IS the same person I wont have anything to do with that deal.. We exchanged a few emails and she was supposed to get back to me comcerning using some of my youtube vids, but I guess they thought better of things.. In the patch stuff happens, but nothing like how they portray drivers in that ice road fiasco..people get hurt yes, coditions are atrocious and sometimes no matter what you do it will happen.. On some lease roads the way the road s are built if you are driving slow and careful.. stuff will still happen.. eg The crowns are sometime very high in center of road and if you slow down too much gravity will take over and your trailer will slide down and there you are with your trailer wheels off road.. not becaue you were too fast but because you had to slow to pass another vehicle?? etc..

Quote Originally Posted by td182a View Post
    One morning recently, I was waiting for a sub and a coffee in the Subway in Golden BC. The pretty girls behind the counter kept looking over my shoulder, so I peeked. A 5 axle had pulled into the center of the parking lot, past a 4X8 well lit sign asking for no truck parking, and the 'gentleman' came in to use the washroom and fill his water jug at the pop fountain (didn't buy anything). I glanced at him as he came out of the washroom, he gave me a good glare. Needless to say, he was wearing a turban.

Not to discriminate, I will mention the next guy to use the washroom. Unshaven, grubby looking Caucasian, when he exited the washroom; he was still doing up his belt, let alone his fly. Kind of bet he didn't wash his hands.? Guess that's why I use paper towel to open the door. I can pee on my own hands just fine, don't need his too.

Makes all drivers look uncouth.
    Do they still give truck drivers free drinks there?? I used to stop there a lot back when I was running the coast and we allways told them we are a truck driver and got a free large soft drink

Quote Originally Posted by OilPatchTrucker View Post
    Do they still give truck drivers free drinks there?? I used to stop there a lot back when I was running the coast and we allways told them we are a truck driver and got a free large soft drink
    Yes they do. They don't have a sign up, it's just word of mouth I guess. I will admit, that particular morning, I was a bit hesitant about mentioning I was driving a truck! Almost paid the buck and a half just to keep myself disassociated with the previously mentioned couple!!

The real question is what are the damn police and commercial vehicle enforcement doing? If it's so easy to see these clowns pulling these dangerous stunts all the time they why don't the cops see it?

The cops need to get off this "we don't do anything unless their is a complaint kick" it's like some kind of a work to rule union thing I guess.