www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Driver? or a guy who is driving a truck

Default Truck Driver? or a guy who is driving a truck

I have a pet peeve with some of these new Canadian proffesional drivers.. mostly them end dump guys but more and more I'm seeing long haul guys from Ont.. driving out here.. WHO ARE THEY TALKING TO ALL THE TIME ON THIER CELLS PHONES?????? Tail gate, speed pass in curves.. I did a rig move to Quebec a while back and coming back accross Ont I was tail gated and passed at high speed in the worst possible location by some of these NEw Guys.. There is a big difference between a truck driver.. and some schmuck driving a truck..A truck driver is a pro who knows what he's doing and takes care and pride in his job.. He'll let you in to the lane by slowing down a bit.. he'll NOT drive at night with all his road lights on in your face.. He's the guy thats doing the spped limit (or close to it) and when conditions get bad he's the first to slow down and drive according to whats happening around him...
    The guys that are driving a truck are the ones that will tail gate you so close that you are afraid to have to stop.. They drive with the road/fog lights on eve on lit city streets or when comiong at you on a 2 lane road.. they are the guys that are running 20 km over the speed limit even in a blinding snow or rain storm.. They are the guys that will leave thier truck at the pumps for 40 mins while they go shower, eat, jerk off some where..Thay are the guys that are driving 20 km BELOW the speed limit because they are busy talking to India or some where on thier cell phones.. or maybe asking thier brother in law how to unload thier end dump.. (do I have to dump my air bags???)There thats my rant about bad drivers..

Default Re: Truck Driver? or a guy who is driving a truck

Quote Originally Posted by OilPatchTrucker View Post
    I have a pet peeve with some of these new Canadian proffesional drivers.. mostly them end dump guys but more and more I'm seeing long haul guys from Ont.. driving out here.. WHO ARE THEY TALKING TO ALL THE TIME ON THIER CELLS PHONES?????? Tail gate, speed pass in curves.. I did a rig move to Quebec a while back and coming back accross Ont I was tail gated and passed at high speed in the worst possible location by some of these NEw Guys.. There is a big difference between a truck driver.. and some schmuck driving a truck..A truck driver is a pro who knows what he's doing and takes care and pride in his job.. He'll let you in to the lane by slowing down a bit.. he'll NOT drive at night with all his road lights on in your face.. He's the guy thats doing the spped limit (or close to it) and when conditions get bad he's the first to slow down and drive according to whats happening around him...
    The guys that are driving a truck are the ones that will tail gate you so close that you are afraid to have to stop.. They drive with the road/fog lights on eve on lit city streets or when comiong at you on a 2 lane road.. they are the guys that are running 20 km over the speed limit even in a blinding snow or rain storm.. They are the guys that will leave thier truck at the pumps for 40 mins while they go shower, eat, jerk off some where..Thay are the guys that are driving 20 km BELOW the speed limit because they are busy talking to India or some where on thier cell phones.. or maybe asking thier brother in law how to unload thier end dump.. (do I have to dump my air bags???)There thats my rant about bad drivers..
    Well, your not alone to have those pet peeves my friend.

BUT.
    As a well prominent owner of a big trucking company and his gopher in chief at the Dorval terminal told me a few times.

If they look at our licences we carry in your pockets, the only difference between the guys you are describing and you is the picture on the card!

Soo according to those people that I like to call *******s, we are all the same.

uh huh, and they made a tv show about some people driving trucks in extreme weather. So far, I've only seen three true professionals in the series and Hugh isn't one of them.
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
    uh huh, and they made a tv show about some people driving trucks in extreme weather. So far, I've only seen three true professionals in the series and Hugh isn't one of them.
    Watched 10 min of this joke, it doesnt give a good image of the professionalism and dedicaton of the real truckers.
    The keep emphasising on the clowns.
    More spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Watched 10 min of this joke, it doesnt give a good image of the professionalism and dedicaton of the real truckers.
    The keep emphasising on the clowns.
    More spectacular.
    Through youtube I was once contacted by a woman who produced for Discovery Channel (ice road idiots) and she asked if I was interested in doing an oil patch trcuker series.. well she also posted on a facebook group called superstars of the oil patch.. she dint get a very good reception.. Guys were saying that they didnt have time for the BS and didnt need some one to try to make them look silly like they did with the ice road guys.. never heard back from her after lol.. Whats funny is that during the season 100's of guys go up and down those roads with no probs and these 5 guys have high drama every week lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
    Well, your not alone to have those pet peeves my friend.

BUT.
    As a well prominent owner of a big trucking company and his gopher in chief at the Dorval terminal told me a few times.

If they look at our licences we carry in your pockets, the only difference between the guys you are describing and you is the picture on the card!

Soo according to those people that I like to call *******s, we are all the same.
    Sorry but im NOT the same as thses guys.. I take a bit of pride in my job and work and dont take stupid chances on the road just to save a few hours on a trip.. I drive defensivly and plan a trip out so that I can stp when I have to and do what needs to be done and make my delivery time when I should.. These cowboys are a menace to every oen else on the road and when they screw up we all get painted with the same brush

I know exactly how you feel about these type of drivers, I am based in Thunder Bay and usually see the remains of at least one accident a week between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg. Not to mention the fights and one time, near riot at the Dryden Huskie over leaving the truck in the fuel line while they shower or just do paperwork and improper parking in the rear at night, limiting the amount of parking space. Police have been called many times. What can I say the "Taliban" doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
    All of that aside my biggest problem is none of those things, it new drivers hugging the centre line.

One morning recently, I was waiting for a sub and a coffee in the Subway in Golden BC. The pretty girls behind the counter kept looking over my shoulder, so I peeked. A 5 axle had pulled into the center of the parking lot, past a 4X8 well lit sign asking for no truck parking, and the 'gentleman' came in to use the washroom and fill his water jug at the pop fountain (didn't buy anything). I glanced at him as he came out of the washroom, he gave me a good glare. Needless to say, he was wearing a turban.

Not to discriminate, I will mention the next guy to use the washroom. Unshaven, grubby looking Caucasian, when he exited the washroom; he was still doing up his belt, let alone his fly. Kind of bet he didn't wash his hands.? Guess that's why I use paper towel to open the door. I can pee on my own hands just fine, don't need his too.

Makes all drivers look uncouth.

Sorry but im NOT the same as thses guys.. I take a bit of pride in my job and work and dont take stupid chances on the road just to save a few hours on a trip.. I drive defensivly and plan a trip out so that I can stp when I have to and do what needs to be done and make my delivery time when I should.. These cowboys are a menace to every oen else on the road and when they screw up we all get painted with the same brush
    I fully agree with you.

It's all about work ethics and like you said, pride in what you do.

Everybody's whining about when veterans talk about "way back when" but at least the work etics and experience was transmited from one driver to another.
    Granted some bad habits were also passed along, but I dont think anybody cant prevent bad habits huh?

Look at where todays drivers get theyre training???

Through youtube I was once contacted by a woman who produced for Discovery Channel (ice road idiots) and she asked if I was interested in doing an oil patch trcuker series.. well she also posted on a facebook group called superstars of the oil patch.. she dint get a very good reception.. Guys were saying that they didnt have time for the BS and didnt need some one to try to make them look silly like they did with the ice road guys.. never heard back from her after lol.. Whats funny is that during the season 100's of guys go up and down those roads with no probs and these 5 guys have high drama every week lmfao
    Here you go, they sure got it huh? And I applaud them for flaming this crap down.

Look at most of the "reality" show that we keep getting.

The more spectacular, humiliating, weird will always be a success.

youtube is the same, wich video is going to get viral? the spectacular, vulgar, disgusting etc.

You show how you do the kob right like the one's I saw, it will get a good look, but do the same video messing it up and flipping the truck...
    Then you will double the views.

Now show the same video you flipping the truck and you stuck or hurt in the acident, now this same video will get viral and will get a million hits depending how badly you are hurt or bleeding.

We live in a bored society seeking cheap thrills.