www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Clarke makes some moves

1. Default Clarke makes some moves

HALIFAX -- Clarke Inc. one of Canada's most diversified trucking companies has made three significant investment-related transactions.
    Clarke has sold its 50 percent interest in a warehouse in Rexdale, Ontario acquired in 2004 under a co-ownership arrangement with Kingsett Real Estate Growth for an estimated gain before income taxes of approximately $5.7 million.

Clarke has also sold all of its subordinated voting shares in Spectra Premium Industries Inc. following that company's privatization.

Lastly, Clarke has redeemed its units in the Halterm Income Fund as part of Halterm's acquisition by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners, which was announced in November 2006, for about $3.4 million.

With the closing of these three transactions, Clarke's total gains are around $10 million before taxes.

"We are always looking for investment prospects that will allow us to enhance shareholder value," said George Armoyan, president and CEO, Clarke Inc.

Clarke -- which operates one of Canada's top 50 trucking companies with about 150 trucks and over 1,000 trailers -- has in recent years also expanded to international shipping, real estate, and information technology services.

Default Re: Clarke makes some moves

I know this an old thread, but anyone working for them, specifically O/O. General info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankit View Post
    I know this an old thread, but anyone working for them, specifically O/O. General info would be appreciated.
    They're self insured when it comes to physical damage on equipment. Settlements are one sided in the event of a claim.

lol.....ya their advertising paying plates and insure...I guess you want to make sure you never have a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankit View Post
    lol.....ya their advertising paying plates and insure...I guess you want to make sure you never have a claim.
    Well...if your truck burns through no fault of your own.

Financial combustion is no fault isn't it?
    I thought I had made a mistake until I realised that it was just an error.

Batting Practise Champion!

And red ink burns real good.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.