www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Tidy Volvo tractor unit

Default Tidy Volvo tractor unit

Spotted this owner driver at Dumbarton (Scotland), he let me take a couple of pictures and said he would look up our websites.

Thanks to Ian Anderson for letting me photograph his truck.

Another Volvo, this time it belongs to a Turkish firm who load every week at Davies Turners in Cumbernauld (near Glasgow, Scotland)

While on the subject of Davies Turners & volvo's, this is their drawbar unit getting ready to load for night trunk to Manchester

I like the lightnig on the black trk. That is sharp.

Thankx Woodie

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

4. Default

Man it must get realllly dark across the pond 12 lights!!!!! on that rig
    No cheap freight---no cheap drivers--know what your AZ is worth
    Mighty hunter leaves wounded animal to suffer and die!!

Drifter don't you mean, on;y 12 light's on it?

Holly

Fergus is a coming.
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

Accremonious Guest

Default Re: Neat COE Volvo

While I am a fan of the VNL Volvo's made in Christiansburg, Va, USA, I am not fond of any brand of COE having slipped on the steps of a Freightshaker and hit my chin on the way down on the step...nearly knocked myself out! But I notice that your units over there are left hand drive(steered). I had heard and thought that all of UK was right hand steering and on the "wrong side" of the road as well as Japan! Would appreciate your discussion of same...how can you cope in traffic if you are on the left side of center of the road and the steering is located on the left side, too?
    Or has the UK completely switched over to the conventions of Europe and N. America? We can't sell our automobiles produced in N. America to Japan because of their righthand drive/left lane conventions, too!(ignoring any quality arguements for the moment)

You are quite right in noticing that the owner drivers volvo is indeed a 'left-hooker'. We still drive on the left, with steering on the right. However I suspect that at one time, the said owner driver probably ran Europe and choose to buy a 'left-hooker' for the convienence. However he is at present running for an Aberdeen based firm doing national haulage within the UK.

There are quite a few lefties running our roads, most having at one time been running on European work. However these days, as with most things, the rates on European work are driven down by the influx of former Russian states being included to the European union.

Please let me know if I can spread light on any other queries, will be only too happy to help. Nice to see someone use the power of the forum to increase their knowledge of the wider picture of our industry, it's what we're all here for, is it not?