www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPP making big changes

Default OPP making big changes

and it's not going to be the best move they've ever done.

Firstly they are going back to black cruisers with white doors. Remember they phased those out in /89 when they went white with a blue and gold stripe.

Second:
    No more holiday safety blitzes. This is the worst idea of Farantino's new regime. All that junk going down the highway again.
    You can't fix stupid

I don't get either statement!

First, they switched from black and white to the current version to increase visibility. Now they're going back to increase visibility!

Second, the holiday safety blitz is much needed!! What's next, no RIDE programs because officers get cold standing outside??
    I'm not perfect!-FLHT Ron 2010

You are right Bookworm,they are going to be "unrelenting" all the time now and not just during the safety blitz like they were before,according to the article in the Record.The commissioner denies it,but I think he is also trying to shut up Sgt. Cam Woolley the well known media spokesman.I think its a good idea that is long overdue.Get a more visible police force out on the highways(like in Ohio) and maybe people will smarten up and not drive like such idiots,truck drivers included.

4. Default

Fantino is a typical politically motivated buffoon. Look at his comments about Caledonia, walking with a Canadian flag could get you arrested.
    The protests are not about native occupation, it is about two different sets of laws, one of tolerance for Indians and one for enforcement against Canadian protesters.
    No cheap freight---no cheap drivers--know what your AZ is worth
    Mighty hunter leaves wounded animal to suffer and die!!

Accremonious Guest

Default Caledonia stand off.

This whole situation has been mishandled by the misguided and the miss informed from the git go. First I will declare that I do not have any indigenous heritage, relatives or friends, but only a few acquaintances.
    Next it is my contention that this is not a negotiable stand off. It should only be dealt with by the Canadian Supreme Court for a full and final adjudication of ALL of the FACTS and DOCUMENTATION, TESTIMONY, etc.
    Since we live in a country of laws and jurisprudence, why are the authorities(politicians) trying to negotiate a so called resolution? What are they trying to hide? Furthermore it occurs to me that if the Indian Act, the system of Reserves, and the actions of the Dept. of Indian Affairs were taken to the Supreme Court and held to account against the principles of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, there is a good possibility that they are illegal and in violation/non conformance! Or is that why former PM P.E.Trudeau refused to include the right to own/hold property in the Charter? If the Supreme Court so ruled that way, there is a growing liability tab as well.
    The longer this situation is allowed to fester unresolved, the more you and I, (John Q. Taxpayer) will be financially raped for the indebtedness.
    GET THIS INTO THE COURTS ASAP. I am tired of being conned by the politicos.
    British Gen. Halldiman granted these lands to the Immigrant American Mohawks after they were run out of upstate NY by US Army Gen. Sullivan.
    He had the right to do this on behalf of the Bristish Crown, Queen Victoria, I think it was. The Government has the onus to prove why they recinded this grant and to prove that the Mohawks, Senecas, etc. agreed.
    The significance is that if they can reneg on this land grant then all of our
    title deeds to any land in Canada is not worth the paper it is printed on!
    Wake up and smell the coffee, OH CANADUH!

6. Default

I agree with the court thing, by the same token I have NO intention of surrendering my land unless the Gov`t buys me out at market value.
    Protests in Caledonia are not about what is in the courts, they are about two sets of laws, if you throw a rock at an Indian in Caledonia and you are non native YOU are going to jail, turn that around and you live in Caledonia and an Indian throws a rock and hits you NOTHING is done.
    Its about the LAW not the LAND the courts will settle the land issues.

Accremonious Guest

Default Caledonia

We partially agree, yet I challenge you and everyone else to open up your minds to the true scope of the problem(s). The politicians are not allowing this to proceed to the higher courts, but are trying to negotiate their way out of this. Also no one will answer my my basic question: Is the Indian Act, the Indian Treaties, the system of Indian Reservations and the Dept. of Indian Affairs all or partially a violation/non conformance to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. If so then this is a much greater problem than it is alleged. If the Cdn. Supreme Court ever gets the chance to rule and does not evade the issues and for sake of arguement does rule that the Charter Rights have and are grossly violated, this would be a vast blast of a unprecedented nature. Pierre Trudeau left the Right to Hold Property out of the Charter and refused to explain why when challenged on at least 4 occassions in and out of Parliment.
    What I am saying is that there are much greater ramifications to the conflict than just a few lots & acres in Caledonia. If all Reserves & Treaties are an affront to the Charter and ineffect nonconforming violations, who is liable and who picks up the tab for the compensation and court costs. Frankly, it would be far cheaper to have a quick civil war, and form a new country without allowing any previous laws or customs from the previous entity.
    The English created this mess, and a lot more like it elsewhere in the world. I am not recommending civil insurrection, but challenge everyone to look at the total potentials. I personally favour negotiating with Washington for 15 new States(ie. 30 Senate seats, etc.) and amalgamating the whole of N. America where our Democratic biases would shift the balance of power in the Congress back to the center from where it is today.
    Remember that much of the Northern 1/3 of Canada does not have negotiated signed treaties with the indigenous tribes and this is an enormous potential debt load too! Finally, there will always be violations of both civil and criminal law along so called racial lines that will require proper administration of the laws and rules of sociaty in effect at the time. What most people don't understand is that the DNA testing and research have proven that there is only one race of Homo Sapien, not 4!
    Personal biased and beliefs always interefere with the advance of and recognition of scientific discovery.
    If you want a negotiated settlement, I suggest that all the land be given back, but then as landlords they must provide all the services and protections currently provided by the governments now in effect without any less urgency or quality in delivery of service. Yes, I am a "**** disturber" at heart and that is sometimes the best way to get the points across!

Excuse Me People

This thread was started in a roundtable forum as information regarding the change in police policies of the new commisioner.

IT WAS NOT started to entice racial prejudices or as an attack on any one person's beliefs.

If there was a way to split the thread and take the postings leading away from the original post I would do it. BUT there isn't, so therefore I will now lock the thread.

I feel as the original poster this thread has gone too far to left of what was the original intent.
    You can't fix stupid

Both posts have been seperated as they are of different topics. Please keep your posts about the topics, & not go after anyone, or anything.

Thank you

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

10. Default

Buzzy, I don`t feel as tho I was attacked. I`m not as well read on Indian affairs as accremonious or it could probably be an interesting discussion I yield