www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: laptops

Default laptops

can anyone tell me how wireless internet works ?? im going trampin in 2 weeks & im looking for a laptop so i can still connect to the net. can i connect if im in the truck? any help is most welcome

Most of the brand name truck stops have WIFI service but I think you have to subscribe and get a wireless modem. I might be wrong on the modem.

You could get a sattelite modem($$$$$$$) and get connected anywhere!!

Ron
    I'm not perfect!-FLHT Ron 2010

You could get a sattelite modem($$$$$$$) and get connected anywhere!!
    where would i get 1

cheers mate al do that

Most newer laptops have a WiFi card already built into them, they will pick up internet service at a truckstop if you subscribe or even sometimes in the city, you can search for a signal anywhere, and sometimes u will pick up a wireless internet signal for free.
    Anyone who has a wireless router in there house, that doesn;t have a password, anyone can get on their internet, if they are close by.

I have took my laptop to my buddy's apartment before and could get on the internet through someone elses service, they didn;t have a password on their wireless router, so it let me get online.

There is also a wireless aircard i think its called that you can buy, it will let you on the internet anywhere there is digital cell phone service.
    Verizon in the USA is the best down there i have heard. And bell canada has something similar up here in canada i think.

Just look at your computer and see if there is a switch somewhere on it for the wireless card, my toshiba has a switch and orange light right on the front in the middle.
    Then whenever you go to a truckstop just search for a signal.

Or you can go buy the aircard, to get internet almost anywhere.