www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Neighbors

2millionplua Guest

Default Hello Neighbors

Hi, I am coming aboard, to let you know that I am available to answer questions about companies in the US that are or may be hiring drivers. I still have some work to do with immigration to make sure that if and when you start to work for an American, you will have all your ducks in a row.

Feel Free to send me a PM

2millionplus
    aka Mike B
    Busy B's, Driver Placement

Sorry, everyone, I had a momentary glitz, my username is

2millionplus

Accremonious Guest

Default Hello 2millionplus

2 questions if you are ready:
    -do the rules of employment still require that a Cdn. citizen, including non status natives, without a green card must be based out of a Canadian terminal and must not do any inter-stating while on US soil? (ie. must only transborder)
    -is the attraction for hiring Cdn. drivers domiciled in Canada still that their health care costs are much cheaper due to our national health care plan?
    (quote JB Hunt recruiter 10 years ago
    Just curious!

Accremonious

All of that still applies. Being a Canadian Citizen and based out of a Canadian terminal, you can carry freight from a Cdn shipper to a US consignee. You can however pick-up US freight and deliver to a US customer, ONLY, if it delivers within a corridor that would not deviate from a direct route back to Canada. I know that is confusing and that is why most US carriers are reluctant to load you anywhere but Canada.

I do, however, disagree that US companies would hire you based on insurance. Most carriers do not furnish insurance anyway, so that is not a consideration. NAFTA is the overriding concern.

Does that help, any?

2millionplus

Quote Originally Posted by 2millionplus
    Accremonious

You can however pick-up US freight and deliver to a US customer, ONLY, if it delivers within a corridor that would not deviate from a direct route back to Canada.
    2millionplus
    Absolute BOVINE FECAL MATERIAL...while US Customs will allow this to happen IMMIGRATION/Naturalization Service WILL NOT...if I could cut and past the article I would BUT I have this "newer and better" internet explorer.

To quote the article"because the INS regulation prohibits this type of move, in effect, the U.S Customs regulation is MOOT at the present time".

If you want to read the whole article go to www.highwaystarmagazine.com and scroll down the home page to :Cabotage Rules"

I really agree with that assesment. I am not an authority, by far, and have been wrong b4. To get a really good answer, which you have, you would have to ask the authorities.

Good luck with that. When I worked for Con-Way Now, the above way is the way they did things. The poor Canadian Drivers really did loose their behinds.

I will do some checking and see if I can get you a better answer.

2millionplus

Quote Originally Posted by 2millionplus
    I really agree with that assesment. I am not an authority, by far, and have been wrong b4. To get a really good answer, which you have, you would have to ask the authorities.

I will do some checking and see if I can get you a better answer.

2millionplus
    You AGREE with me...I'm sure you knew of this B4 you made your post. By doing so you have mislead new drivers reading this forum/topic.

Ask ANY INS officer...they'll explain it to you very simply. Canadians aren't allowed to re-locate an MT trailer in the US UNLESS they are loading THAT trailer and taking it to Canada.

Copy that Bookworm, thanks for te input

2millionplus

Good point BW.
    Do not do any interstating for any reason. This will do you in for sure.
    They are always looking to make sure you aren't interstating.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

10. Default

Any U.S. driver seeing you do this could drop a dime on you to INS as you are taking their work....Regardless of what is said you can be convicted on a paper trail..
    No cheap freight---no cheap drivers--know what your AZ is worth
    Mighty hunter leaves wounded animal to suffer and die!!