www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

Default Greetings from Bonnie Scotland

Here are some pictures from a Vintage truck show across here, hope you like them;

Here are a pair of Seddon Atkinson tractor units, used to be mainstay of British general haulage many years ago. These pair were powered by the Gardiner engine.

Another Seddon Atkinson, this time powered by the Rolls Royce engine. Model type was the Borderer. Known by most as an "Atki Borderer". This model was operated by Pollocks of Musselburgh.

Farming & Trucking are so often interconnected, here's an example of both. An early model Albion flatbed truck & a Massey Ferguson tractor (affectionately known as "wee red fergies").

Here's a long nose model Bedford (later bought by General Motors). Models like this were popular with larger farmers for delivering their produce.

The Swedes were building superior models to the Brits and eventually they started importing to the UK, this slowly lead to the death knell of British truck manufacturing, who were slow to compete with the build and interior finish of their foreign counterparts. Here's an early model Scania Vabis, one of the first imports.

This model was made by Dennis, who later gave up on truck manufacture to specialize in Fire Engine manufacture, they were leaders in their field until again the foreigners moved into this field. Scania now seem to have the upperhand in the fire fighting market.

Will be back later with more pictures.

These are awesome trks. There's a few $$$ sitiing there.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

There's something about a well turned out vintage truck, it would be nice to travel back to those days to see what life was really like. Some truckers now a days think they're hard worked, wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back then!!

Here's one for you, slight accident with camera, but a great effect.

Were the lights on? It still is an awesome pic.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com

Yes, lights were on. I lifted camera before the shutter had closed, hence the effects.

I have lots of those, but hate to delete them.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com