www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Canada

Default Running Canada

Hi folks....we were interested in running Canada....I have looked and looked....does anyone have a link????

McGee, you are coming for a dinner?

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

What type of link are you looking for?

HOS? You have to run under the U.S ones as you are out of Texas.

Border?
    Safety and Compliance?
    Weather?

Routing around hellcat's house?

However, she is a great chef.

Otherwise check the"NEWBIE'S Forum" I've posted a few links there.
    You can't fix stupid

Not nice Buzz ma, & I should be a great chef, I paid for my licence.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

...Thanks folks...I'll check the newbie form... ...lookin for info on authority....as we don't have Canada on our plates...can we permit in???...can we look for something out or do we have to load south of the border...personal documentation...which with the research I have done looks to be answered here...documentation on the load...laws on OD movement..or is it by providence(is that the correct terminolgy???),,,we will pass on the one offered at this time as we have a need to educate our selves instead of just by the seat of our britches....We don't carry a firearm or mace, or pepper spray...I do have an expandable baton from my copper days....when it's collaped it's bout 6" long...when it is expanded it is bout 18" long, steel with a knot on the end...bet they won't like that... ...BUT we are interested in coming to see ya'll...most likely in the spring or summer...as we are from the south our trk is not really equiped for the extreme cold ...and neither are we...they just don't sell really warm clothes down here..

Pipeman....you have a PM....

Accremonious Guest

Welcome to the "better half" of North America, McGee! I do hope you get either permitted or running authority as it is a very good thing to expand our trade and our cultural experiences! I spent many enjoyable days over your side in the 15 years I crossbordered before retiring, but only 4 times to Texas! In regards information you requested, I can add a little that maybe of interest/help. If you have a dog or pet aboard make sure that the animal's vaccination shots are upto date plus carry the papers to prove it!
    Another "rumour" type thing was that it is cheapest to register a truck in Saskatchewan but that the reciprocal rights with American States were more complete and better with Alberta registrations (right or wrong I don't know!).
    Like you suspected, there are many individual regulations for each PROVINCE (not providence!) Being from Ont. but originally from Sask/Alta. there is one that jumps to mind is that spread axels were not allowed in Alta. You had to be able to slide them into closed position! Another which Pipeman will no doubt mention is that the marker board for highlighting the OD status is different in Canada! There needs to be a Geneva Convention on rules and signs that can cost you your profit or even business! I got fined for using American Hazmat placards that are more correct, specifing flammable-empty-not washed out in Ont. That was a money grab! Only flammable were allowed!
    You will probably find out that while there are accent differences throughout Canada just like there are in the US, there are numerous word usage differences, too! We say pop not soda, and eh instead of huh or hah! This list would fill a small book so just think of it like your going to Northern Wisconsin/Minnesota and you will be close but not there! So enjoy it cousin when you get here. Summer is just as warm at times here but it cools off at night unless you are near a Lower Great Lake!
    Reloads home are legal under the NAFTA treaty but look sharp at the rates! There is even a provision for one interstating load to get you closer to a load to transborder home but check that out first see if it is implemented or suspended! Good Luck.
    P.S. Later,
    I forgot to mention that we are Metricated up here. Think of the speed limits as a percentage of the clock hour! It becomes second nature to convert them mentally having grown up in the Imperial/US measure and now living in this imposed silly meters! That cost us people all lot of money that has never really paid off. Watch the metric weights, too! I won't get into the other area, of languages! You have enough Spanish elements in the South to understand our problems with French and the different dialects involved! Any discussions of this nature becomes political very quickly! Most everywhere you go you can find English spoken except certain parts of N. Ont through to New Brunswick. Also like Bookworm said change your money over as all business people suddenly forget how to do the math on exchange rates! And if you over tip in a restaurant, it annoys your fellow drivers from Canada! We have subtle discrimination up here so it pays to be observant!

Accremonious Guest

Default Trip Permit Services...........

I googled up the one service name I know and found this for you OK!
    Also if you look in the Rand McNally Motor Carriers Atlas 2004 on Pages A18 and A19 there are the Canadian Provincial Government links listed as well.

International Registration Plan (IRP) Trip Permit Agents800-749-6058 Trip Permits. 800-749-7166 Oversize-Overweight Permits. 800-749-9114 ... 730 PERMIT SERVICES, INC. www.730permitservices.com. 2085 Shanley Road ...
    http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/vehicle_regi...mit_agents.htm - 77k - Cached - Similar pages

Apply for a permitMultiple trip. Apply for a permit. Forms/applications · Times of operation ... Permit service, Telephone number. 730 Permit Services, Inc. (800) 410-4754 ...
    http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/busines...osow-apply.htm - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

[PDF] SERVICES OFFERED BY THE OVERSIZE/OVERWEIGHT PERMITS UNITFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    There are five methods by which single trip permits may be obtained from the ... 5-Star Permits. (800) 355-8016. (919) 715-7364. 730 Permit Services, Inc. ...
    http://www.ncdot.org/doh/Operations/...cesOffered.pdf - Similar pages

Motor Carrier Transportation Registration Services1801 SW Highway 730 East, Umatilla OR 97882-0770 Call: 541-922-3761 ... All registrants that pay registration fees via registration trip permits must retain ...
    www.oregon.gov/ODOT/MCT/REG.shtml - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Motor Carrier Transportation Over-Dimension OperationsTo obtain a variance permit: See Permit Service & Agents ... Maximum weight for single-trip permits is based on the number of axles and wheelbase. ...
    www.oregon.gov/ODOT/MCT/OD.shtml - 86k - Cached - Similar pages

730 Permit Services - Services730 Permit Services offering professional filing services to transport companies and ... We can also provide you with temporary trip permits if you are not ...
    www.730permitservices.com/services.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Frequently Asked Trucking Questions - Department of TransportationThis permit can be obtained from the following Permit Agencies: 730 Permit Services 1-613-657-1244, Altrans 1-905-563-4545, B.i.M. Consulting 506-432-6840, ...
    www.gnb.ca/0113/trucking/faq-trucking-e.asp - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Hope this is a good start for your research, Ciao (Adios) for now!

I live in Manitoba but i work in Alberta.

This might come off as a smart azzed answer...but would it be easier to drive,fly,take the train or bus then run Canada.

.....Thank-you Accremonious....you are wonderful...

...Double T...I'll just stuff my trk in a suitcase....