www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Ice+Four Wheelers= Stupidity!!!

Default Black Ice+Four Wheelers= Stupidity!!!

My phone rang at 5:30 this morning. The voice on the other end said,"There's black ice on your route and you better get in to fix it!"

So I throw on some clothes and off I go. At one cross-road a truck was approaching from my left. I had the green light and he had the red. He went right through the light! Suddenly I noticed some red flashing lights in my rear view. I pulled of to the side and a bright white car passed me and went after the truck!! There goes a few points off his license.

I get to the yard and get my plow loaded with salt and off I go!! At another cross-road a car sees me coming and tries to pull out in front of me and ends up in the ditch on the other side of the road!! Well I'm sure he was a little late when he finally got pulled from the ditch!

I will never understand what the big rush is to get in front of the snow-plow. I can assure you that the road is not safer in front of me! Yes we drive at 40kmh when we're spreading salt. That is so the salt is effective on the road. The five minutes you're going to save by passing a plow is not worth ending up in the ditch or killing you or someone else.

I don't care if your snow tires stick to the road or your car had all wheel drive if you drive like an idiot you're still going to end up in the ditch!!!

Whew- Okay I'll get off my soap box now!!!

Ron
    I'm not perfect!-FLHT Ron 2010

That's 2 idiots off the road Ron. Keep getting them off.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

I think some people just love sliding into the ditch or other things and the ones who pass plows are just idiots. I know we have lots of them up here in the Barrie area - and heaven forbid if you just might have to stop for that light that is about to turn red.
    Marliz

Her in Kitchener, they have put camer's @ the most used intersection. This way, they catch a lot of fool running red lights.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com

I should carry a camcorder when I'm out there! Some of the stuff I've seen defies logic!

I think David Letterman should have a stupid four-wheeler tricks segment on his show!!

Ron

Great idea Ron. I'll send him & Ellen an email.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com

I have seen alot of idiots out there too when plowing, i think its kinda funny when theres deep drifts on the road, and idiots pass me, and then have to slow down anyway.

Then theres other times where the road if almost perfect, and cars won't pass me! Like if the road isn't slippery or drifted, i want them to pass me!

Almost saw a car hit another head on trying to pass me. He had to get back in behind me again quick!

I got called out at 4 am this morning to put down some sand, no black ice, just a little bit of snow on the road.

Got called out at 4 am christmas morning too for sort of a frosty ice on the road.

Okay, I got another one of those 5:30am calls this morning!! And again there was the normal stupidity on the roads. Yes we haven't had icey roads in about a week but in that time most people have forgotten how to drive!!!

All I heard about on the radio today was accidents involving four-wheelers. Not one big truck!

When I went for my big license I had to practically dissect the truck for the examiner from the license bureau. In the same parking lot where I took my test there were people going for the car licenses and all they had to do was get in car and drive!!! Did they know if all of there lights where working?? Did they care???

I think the whole problem on the roads is that four-wheel drivers are not properly trained and they are giving too many of them licenses that don't deserve it!! I think every four-wheeler should have to take a winter driving course!! I also think they should all be made to take a course in driving a big rig!! Maybe then the roads will be a better place!!

Ron-one of these days I'm gonna fall off this soap box!!

I think our sanders were out yesterday morning too, we usually get called at 3 30 or 4am! I was on nights tho, and day shift starts at 4 am, so i wasn't out.
    I'm on call 24 hrs a day for today and friday tho.

I really like nights better though.

Ron-one of these days I'm gonna fall off this soap box!!

But it'll only be a short fall, probably won't even skin a shin on the way down.

You can't fix stupid