www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Two dead in Hwy 1 crash

Default Two dead in Hwy 1 crash

Sad, two dead after someone stops on hwy and semi swerved to avoid.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...nada-1.5220323

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Default Re: Two dead in Hwy 1 crash

Truck driver following too close. No surprise considering who was driving. Send them to prison then deport

Quote Originally Posted by MR WONDERFULL View Post
    Truck driver following too close. No surprise considering who was driving. Send them to prison then deport
    He MAY have been following too close, but a vehicle should NEVER stop in an active driving lane.

I fully expected someone to call out the persons heritage, which was totally uncalled for! As is the send to prison and deport comment. Without ALL the information, those comments are out of line.

JMHO

Almost had this happen to me last winter. Driver was going to fast to stop for the intersection, decided that driving into oncoming traffic (aka me) was better than rear ending the car in front of him. I ended up taking the shoulder to avoid dying lol. Just considering the combination of forces involved it would be safer for the killer truck to just stay in its lane or swerve off the road to the right and hit a building. Idk, maybe one day I'll find out how id really react in that situation if ever so unfortunate.On a side note, how can a 22 year old be a driver in this country?Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Guf View Post
    Almost had this happen to me last winter. Driver was going to fast to stop for the intersection, decided that driving into oncoming traffic (aka me) was better than rear ending the car in front of him. I ended up taking the shoulder to avoid dying lol. Just considering the combination of forces involved it would be safer for the killer truck to just stay in its lane or swerve off the road to the right and hit a building. Idk, maybe one day I'll find out how id really react in that situation if ever so unfortunate.On a side note, how can a 22 year old be a driver in this country?Posted via Mobile Device
    The truck driver made a really bad split-second reaction to an incident. He’ll live with that forever. In similar circumstances we don’t know how we’d react.

As to a 22 year old being a driver, a 15 1/2 year old can have a learners permit in most provinces. A 16 year old can drive a private vehicle and an 18 year old can get a CDL. I don’t understand your question.

I did not see the semi drivers name. How would anyone know he eas an immigrant?Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Guf View Post
    I was driving a semi at 20... just because someone’s young doesn’t make them a bad driver....Posted via Mobile Device

I started at 14 with my dad / older brother or uncle in jumpseat. Day after I turned 16 I was out on my own.
    You can't fix stupid