www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

1. Default Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

ASIRT, Alberta's police watchdog is investigating

ASIRT is investigating a Lethbridge police officer who drove over an injured deer with his police truck multiple times

ASIRT, Alberta's police watchdog is investigating

Alberta's police watchdog is investigating after a Lethbridge officer drove over an injured deer multiple times with his vehicle to try and kill the animal.
    Lethbridge Police Service said in a release Tuesday that it was contacted Monday by a local media agency that had obtained a video of an on-duty officer using a police truck to drive over the animal along the 1600 block of Scenic Drive South.

Chief Rob Davis reviewed the video, then notified the director of law enforcement and triggered an Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT) investigation.

"After watching the video, I understand the concerns people have and I can assure the community we take this incident very seriously," said Davis in the release.
    The officer will continue to work at his usual position while the investigation takes place.

ASIRT will be reviewing the officer's actions, and the police service's policy for responding to injured animal calls.

'Disappointing': SPCA

Dan Kobe, communications manager for the Alberta SPCA, said he's seen the video and was disappointed by the officer's actions.
    "As an organization, the Alberta SPCA would expect that any animal, if it's injured and needs to be put down, it would be euthanized in a humane way," he said.
    "Certainly, looking at that video, I think everyone can agree that was not a humane way to put down that deer and it's disappointing to see that's the method that was chosen to put the deer down."

The SPCA is only responsible for livestock and pets, so Kobe said it would not be investigating the incident. CBC has reached out to Alberta Fish and Wildlife for comment to see if it will also be investigating the incident, along with ASIRT.

Lethbridge police said they will not be providing any further details while ASIRT's investigation takes place.
    An online petition calling for the officer in question to be fired had gathered thousands of signatures by Tuesday evening.

Source of article and more great articles click here : CBC NEWS
    I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Default Re: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

What the F????? Don’t police officers carry a gun? What a dip sh-t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca

Default Re: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

They do carry guns, but most don't know how to use one.

Batting Practise Champion!

Probably have to spend a couple of hours on overtime to fill out all the paper work involved in discharging the firearm not to mention all the flack he'd get from all the tree huggers, liberals, and PETA.
    Crime wouldn't pay if the government ran it.

The guy is a moron. I can't think of anything that justified his actions.

Didn't want to use his sidearm due to public safety concerns? Use a shotgun. Don't have a shotgun? Get your supervisor to bring one. Can't use a shotgun? Call Fish and Wildlife; they have officers in Lethbridge.

What a complete a-hole.

And BTW, isn't animal cruelty one the indicators for serial killers? Great; serial killer with a badge!
    There's a nap for that.

Maybe he was afraid of this:

7. Default Re: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

That wasn't real, or ?
    I'm an idealist. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

8. Default Re: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

CTVNews.ca
    Published Monday, January 14, 2019 10:46AM EST
    WARNING: This story contains graphic content that some readers may find disturbing.
    The chorus of demands is growing for the firing of a Lethbridge, Alta. police officer seen in a disturbing video repeatedly running over a deer with his patrol vehicle.
    About 100 people outraged by the video demonstrated outside the Lethbridge police headquarters on Sunday. They chanted and waved signs, including: “She screamed for mercy,” “Police are not above the law” and “Animals deserve compassion.”
    Related Stories

Photos

People rallied outside the Lethbridge Police Service's headquarters on Sunday in protest against the actions of one of its officers.

"Within the first three seconds of the video, you could hear the deer crying, and that's all I could handle, with tears coming down my face," said protester Lois White.
    An officer was caught on camera allegedly using his truck to euthanize a young deer that had been seriously injured after being struck by another vehicle on Jan. 5 at about 10 p.m. The video shared on social media includes the voices of a woman and a man who had stopped their vehicle and are clearly shocked by what they witnessed.
    The video shows a police truck with lights activated running over the shrieking animal. The deer struggles to get up after being run over by the police truck at least twice. The officer drives over the deer at least five times in total - and even stops on top of it - before it finally dies. The officer then drags the body to the side of the road and drives off.
    The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team, a civilian oversight agency, has taken over the investigation of the incident. The unnamed officer remains on active duty.
    An online petition calling for the officer to be fired has surpassed 70,000 signatures.
    Many people who attended Sunday's demonstration said the officer should have called wildlife officers to humanely deal with the injured animal.
    "[They should have] done something else instead of just using such a cruel way to put the animal down," said Kathy Braun.
    “I wanted to fight for the rights for the little deer,” said a girl carrying a sign that said: “I’m only 7 and I know better.”
    Organizers of the protest say the officer should face animal cruelty charges and be suspended pending the outcome of the investigation. They also want to see him be ordered to undergo a psychological assessment and that police should be better trained to deal with wildlife calls.
    ASIRT has said it is investigating a number of death threats made against the officer.
    Chief Rob Davis said last week that he “welcome[s] this independent investigation.”
    “After watching the video, I understand the concerns people have and I can assure the community we take this incident very seriously,” Davis said in a statement on Tuesday.
    Davis added, “transparency is paramount to the public’s trust and confidence in the police service.”
    Lethbridge is a city of about 100,000 people in southern Alberta, about 220 km southeast of Calgary. Its police service employs more than 220 officers and staff.
    -With a report by Terry Vogt, CTV Calgary

9. Default Re: Lethbridge police officer kills injured deer by driving over it multiple times

https://globalnews.ca/video/4827667/...r-wounded-deer

Disturbing video shows Lethbridge police officer repeatedly running over wounded deer

I like how the CTV story calls it “euthanasia “. Isn’t that supposed to mean the end of suffering? This is not euthanasia it is murder! This cop is a disgrace to the badge and all of humanity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Christian Trucker’s Story of Redemption http://www.ShinySideUp.ca