www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com

Thread: Trucker Contractor Scam...attn New Drivers

Default Trucker Contractor Scam...attn New Drivers

Here's some info about the scam that a lot of truck owners use when they demand that you declare yourself as "my own company"

For starters, you aren't going to get CPP or EI.......OK everyone says, but you have all these write offs, that negates that problem, OK but are you really legally allowed all those write offs or are you just getting away with it until they do an audit.

Secondly, in the event of a horrific accident, don't be so sure that you as an independent contractor are covered under their insurance. Their insurance will do everything they can to get out of it. If they find that you yourself are negligent in any way, they may just come after you.

Now here's the good one....
    Trucking is notorious for not paying drivers everything they're owed. If you are an employee, you can take them to the labor board and they will fight for you

However, if you are a contractor, then you have to drag them into court and sue them, if it's over a certain amount you can't do it in small claims, you have to hire a lawyer.
    When you tell them they owe you money, they usually laugh in your face and say, oh no I don't owe YOU, I owe your COMPANY, talk to my lawyer.
    Everything can be hunky dory with one of these guys until things go bad and they screw you out of your final payment, by that time they usually have strung you along so that they owe you about 3 months pay.

No problem you say......
    Hang on.

They always try to pay you based on a percentage of what the truck makes, BUT, very few if any truck owners will ever show you what the revenues are for the truck. They just say, oh you get 25% and cut you a check.

Now when you get into court, the judge is going to ask you for proof of what they owe you, good luck with that, you have no proof of what the truck made to calculate what the 25% should be.

When I was in trucking, I never met one driver that declared himself as "my own company" that hadn't been screwed out of at least 10 grand or so, many for much more, 10,20,30 grand and on up.

The next time you see some ****** of trucker driving like he just plain doesn't give a ####, maybe it's because he isn't getting paid and is getting screwed, he's just about ready to drive the thing into the ditch and walk away from it.

Default Re: Trucker Contractor Scam...attn New Drivers

Oh, I forgot, what are you going to do about all the tickets you get cause they force you to do illegal things under threat of not getting your pay.

You say, I put my foot down, I'm not running illegally for you, well if you're a contractor you can kiss what they owe you good bye.

If you're an employee, not only will they fight for you, even if you don't have proof of the trucks revenue, but have proof of what you made in the past for the work you did, but they can also fine the employer for trying to make you do illegal things.

You know this Trudeau character like to go on about how he is there for the little guy and all....

Why doesn't he address all this mis-classifications nonsense and non payment garbage that goes on in the industry.

Everyone complains about a driver shortage, no shortage of class 1 / AZ's out there, just a shortage of suckers that have yet to get burned and end up walking away from it all.
    Just think about all this while your paying 7 grand or so for truck driving lessons.

I've posted the federal version a couple of times, here is Alberta's. You generally will not survive an audit, neither will your employer if you blow the whistle. Threaten them with that if they refuse to pay.
    https://alis.alberta.ca/media/2975/contractor.pdf

Good one, I never thought of that, I usually just resorted to publicly shaming them on the internet and making it so they get nothing but gear grinders to drive for them in the future.

Another good one is to find safety dirt on them, they tell the people they haul for that you've publicly exposed this dirt and that if anything happens in the future, people can not only sue the trucking company but also the company they haul for because they knew about a bad subcontractor but continued to use them.

It's good to have a "dirt" radar from day 1 at any trucking job. Record and photograph every single thing you see them cheating on, it can come in handy later on.

It's about time....and, after talking with the Federal Labour Board and hearing their impotence around such matters, I figured the CRA would have to be put on the scent....and we all know that the CRA wants their money! (and have the means to take it)

https://www.trucknews.com/business-m...dc/1003088219/

https://www.trucknews.com/features/d...rriers-either/

I hope many carriers are quaking in their boots right now. The greed is horrendous with these types of outfits.

CRA has their hands full trying to collect from the INC drivers who will just cry poverty or play the race card. Anyone who takes the INC jobs are desperate, unqualified or have the IQ of a door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MR WONDERFULL View Post
    CRA has their hands full trying to collect from the INC drivers who will just cry poverty or play the race card. Anyone who takes the INC jobs are desperate, unqualified or have the IQ of a door stop.

CRA is pretty omnipotent so, I don't think it will be hard to get their money somehow. Organized thuggery IMO.

Having talked to various Driver Inc. operators, some know what they are getting into and are going to take their chances and hope to make what money they can now(much like the carriers who set this up)

Others, I suspect, are newly arrived, little English, and are preyed upon by their own country(wo)men; "Yes, this is how it's done here in this country. You pay us to work." I remember one driver telling me about his wanting to have the steers replaced on his tractor, the company he drove for(driving inc.)told him no, it's good, get going....he reluctantly did, the steer blew....the company charged him $1200 to replace it(they took it right off his settlement) plus he had to bring in the blown up tire and give back to the company(which they got a refund for).

Some of those "race cards" that too many in this industry seem to be so obsessed with, would do better to spread the word against the driver inc. programs to these drivers. I hardly doubt that some of these drivers are working for almost peanuts, buying the truck with their own wages but it's for the company they drive for, paying for repairs on a vehicle they will never own, paying into 'insurance' that will never pay out when needed.

and this scam sees no colour---from companies like Scott-Lynn(good ol' boy CND)to Highlight Motors(Russians) to Singh Express(Punjabi).....it really needs to be drivers helping drivers--although even I can see most of that is just talk to make some people feel like their BS don't stink.

ah well, one day at a time.