www.expediterworld.com
www.brummionline.de
www.truckstopaustralia.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microsoft street and maps

Default microsoft street and maps

I have been using the gps and the program to fnd my way to drops.So far it has worked well.I still phone and compare what they tell me to what the gps says.

The news 07 S&T is awesome. It still doesn't have truck routes, but with the GPS, it will get you to where you need to be.
    Money worth spending.

Holly
    no sir I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying

www.sosoconvoy.com

I used streets and trips with gps to go to florida last year, only had one screwup at an intersection on the way down and one mess up on the way back, sometimes you will come to a curve in the road, and there will be a turn off on the curve. Since at one time the road used to go straight through instead of curving.. And sometimes streets and trips will say to just keep going straight around the curve, when actually you were suposed to turn off on the curve.

But other than that it worked really good, it was perfect going through lousville and nashville and detroit, tells you what lane to get into and everything.

that good to know.will watch for it when i am out in stores

Get it Wayne. It's well worth the money.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com

Uh, Dave.....us dinosaurs could add and subtract too, without the use of a battery powered device. Mostly cuz back then you needed a tractor trailer to haul those big heavy acid filled things.

Remember when we just called wherever we were going, identified ourselves and asked for proper directions?
    You can't fix stupid

Tv program here in UK gave two drivers a test, one had sat nav, the other an a-z. Both had to get across London. Guess which one won?

You are right about that one Dave. There's a total lack of common sense out there, but not just the big trks.
    More education is need for any new driver.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com

Default Re: Streets and trips

I was OTR from 95-2003 i purchased a laptop in 96 and it came with streets and trips, i used it to find locations for deliveries. I actually found the Randall Mcnally "streets" ALOT more accurate, only had one screwup in PA told me to go left instead of right at the intersection.

I haven't had to use the software lately but i thought i'd toss in my 1.5 cents (taxes deducted) LOL

But my choice is Randall Mcnally over Microsoft Streets and trips hands down.

Thankx for not taxing us

No program is 100%. The best way to still do it, is to call ahead, this way you may get someone who knows how to give proper directions. There's still some out there with goofy ones for sure. Plan your trip in advance.

Holly

www.sosoconvoy.com